- 3 envelopes plain (unflavored) gelatin
- 1 1/4 cups water, separated into 1/2 cup and 3/4 cup
- 2 cups sugar
- Liquid food coloring
- Bickford Mint, Spearmint, Orange, Lemon, Cinnamon, Cherry, or Anise flavoring
- Oil for greasing candy mold/pan
- Sugar for topping the candies
- Very lightly grease candy molds or pans with cooking oil. Set aside.
- Pour 1/2 cup cold water into a large bowl. Sprinkle with the gelatin, stir and set aside.
- To a saucepan, add 3/4 cup water and 2 cups sugar. Bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour the hot sugar mixture into the gelatin mixture. Stir until the gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Break mixture into separate bowls for each color/flavor combination. For a full batch of just one color, add 24 drops of food coloring. If you separated the batch, just start with a few drops of each color and increase until desired color is achieved.
- For a full batch of just one color, add 1 tsp Bickford flavor and stir. Add more flavor, if desired. If you split the batch into separate bowls, start with a few drops of flavoring and increase to desired taste.
- Pour into pans or molds. Chill for several hours or overnight.
- Remove gumdrops from molds. Roll each gumdrop in a bowl of sugar to coat.
- 2 1/2 cups white chocolate
- 7 oz jar marshmallow fluff
- 1/2 tsp (plus a few drops extra, if desired) Bickford Amaretto Flavoring
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 TBSP cherry flavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- 10 oz dark chocolate, melted
- Line a 9 inch square pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add white chocolate, marshmallow fluff, and Bickford Amaretto Flavor. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter with sugar, cream and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Add 1 1/2 TBSP cherry gelatin boil for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and pour hot mixture over the white chocolate and marshmallow fluff in the mixing bowl. Beat with a whisk until chocolate is melted and the fudge is smooth and creamy. Fold in dried cherries then pour the fudge into the parchment lined square pan.
- Melt dark chocolate and (optionally) stir in a few drops of Bickford Amaretto Flavor and then spread over the fudge.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Cut into squares.
Adapted from http://www.shugarysweets.com/2012/02/cherry-fudge-with-dark-chocolate
8 oz cream cheese
2 lbs powdered sugar
1-3 tsp. variety of Bickford Flavors (ex. mint, pure vanilla, almond, anise, rum, cherry, orange, lemon)
Food color of your choice
Chocolate for Coating
2-12 oz. bags of milk chocolate chips
Soften cream cheese in microwave (approx. 30 seconds) or to room temperature. Begin adding powdered sugar by the cup and work into cream cheese until it gets to be a firm batter. Separate the ball into as many different balls as you want flavors. Take each separate ball and make a well in the center and add food coloring and flavor of your choice. Knead the dough until desired color and taste. If dough becomes sticky add additional powdered sugar to get it back to a firm dough. Once you have flavored all the dough balls decide shape to form cream centers to know what candy is what once it is all covered in chocolate. (ex. of shapes round, square, oblong, flattened balls.) Melt chocolate in microwave or on stove top in a double boiler. Dip cream centers into chocolate and cover using a spoon or resting on fork, place on wax paper lined cookie sheet to set. Once set remove and place in air tight containers. They are great for a gift for the Holidays!