CBD Flavors for Your Oils, Gummies, Baked Goods and More
When your products include a substance hailed as a wonder ingredient like CBD, you’re well aware of the multitude of benefits your application delivers. But we understand that standing out in this new, competitive market isn’t easy.
At Bickford Flavors, our experts are second to none when it comes to carefully curating flavors that can make your CBD application stand out and find success in the CBD market.
Our CBD flavors and extracts are ideal for (but not limited to!):
- Fruit chews
- Baked Goods
If you have another application in mind that is not listed here, get in touch with us today. Our flavor experts will be more than happy to understand your needs and recommend a type of flavor that would work well.
Push your product ahead and attract a raving consumer base by infusing your application with naturally sourced flavors and extracts that will give it the exact flavor consistency it requires.
What is CBD?
CBD: you’ve seen those three letters everywhere for the last few years. But if you’re interested in trying CBD or adding it to your line of products, it’s best to know the basics.
CBD stands for cannabidiol, and it’s a compound found in the marijuana (cannabis) plant. Though unlike tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), CBD is non-psychoactive and doesn’t produce a “high.”
CBD is known for a range of health benefits, including:
- Improving anxiety and depression symptoms
- Relieving pain
- Reducing inflammation
- Improving sleep
- Serving as a holistic medicinal treatment for various conditions
Curious about cloud water? Find out about the latest CBD trends.
A Range of CBD Oil Flavors
For simplicity and ease of use, CBD oil is the product of choice for millions of consumers.
CBD oils are simply cannabidiol combined with a carrier oil—common options include:
- Avocado oil
- Hemp seed oil
- Coconut oil
- Medium-chain triglyceride (MCT) oil
A major factor that sets Bickford apart is our wide range of oil-soluble flavors and oil-soluble extracts. When you’re infusing flavor into an oil (or any oil-based product), there’s no need to add an emulsification step to incorporate the flavor—simply add it directly to your application!
CBD brands also rely on Bickford for their CBD tincture flavoring, too!
Find out more about our flavors’ nutritional content.
Flavors for CBD Gummies
There are few better mediums for unique flavor pairings than gummies! And with their ease of storing and eating on the go, they’re perfect for CBD infusion.
Here’s a simplified look at the gummy-making process: gelatin, your choice of flavoring, and water are combined then heated and poured into molds.
Such a simple process gives the gummy flavor a chance to shine!
Read about why Bickford is the industry’s premier candy flavor provider.
A few of our favorite gummy flavors include:
- Classic fruit flavors like strawberry, raspberry, and watermelon
- Tropical fruits like passion fruit, kiwi, and dragon fruit
- Add a delicate spice with cinnamon
CBD Beverage Flavors
The world of CBD beverages is growing larger (and more lucrative) every day. According to a report from Facts & Factors1, the CBD-infused beverage market is expected to reach over $14 million by 2026 (up from $3.4 million in 2020).
Types of trending CBD beverages include:
- CBD seltzer and sparkling water
- CBD cocktails and mocktails
- CBD coffee and lattes
- CBD water
But offering the latest and greatest beverages alone isn’t going to win over new customers. If you want to stand out, flavor matters.
Here are some of our beverage flavor suggestions:
- Add a dash of citrus with flavors like orange, lemon, or lime
- Go in an herbal direction with spearmint
- Coconut brings that cool, refreshing essence on hot summer days
CBD Baked Goods
While beverages and oils have skyrocketed in popularity, now-trending CBD baked goods are worth your consideration too. Many CBD consumers now enjoy the compound’s benefits along with a tasty treat such as a brownie, cookie, or muffin.
Here are some CBD baking best practices to keep in mind:
- Find the right medium: Rather than using the plant matter itself, it’s usually better for CBD cooking or baking applications to cook the compound into a base fat like oil or butter.
- Watch your temperature: CBD’s boiling point occurs somewhere around 350° Fahrenheit. Baking it at higher temperatures can cause the ingredient to evaporate.
- Use proper storage: CBD can lose potency when it’s exposed to light and heat—storing CBD baked goods in a cool, dark place is essential for shelf life.
Looking to connect with new customers? Learn how to market your CBD product for maximum impact.
Here are some CBD baking flavor suggestions:
- Everyone loves baked goods and nuts—try almond or hazelnut in a blondie or brownie.
- Signature combination flavors like caramel coffee or vanilla butternut impart a beautiful complexity to any baked good.
- Add a smoky, sweet kick with our signature maple bacon flavor.
A Wide Array of CBD Flavor Profiles
In the fast-growing, highly competitive CBD market, consumers have a whole world of CBD oils, tinctures, fruit chews, gummies, and beverages to choose from. If the application you produce doesn’t have the right texture, visual appeal, and – above all – flavor consistency, most consumers won’t hesitate on passing.
That’s why everything comes down to flavor. To create a stand-out CBD edible application, the flavors you use must leave a lasting impression on consumers.
What flavor profile are you going for?
Our fruit flavors are water soluble and top sellers for gummy manufacturers:
Our mint flavors are both water and oil soluble, and the oil-based flavors are top sellers for CBD tinctures. Most CBD tinctures are in an oil base, such as MCT, hemp seed oil, or olive oil.
- Peppermint: Water-Soluble or Oil-Soluble
- Spearmint: Water-Soluble or Oil-Soluble
- Cinnamon: Water-Soluble or Oil-Soluble
Our citrus flavors are both water and oil soluble, and they are popular in both gummies and tinctures because of the intense flavor:
- Orange: Water-Soluble or Oil-Soluble
- Lemon: Water-Soluble or Oil-Soluble
- Lemon-lime: Water-Soluble or Oil-Soluble
Our tropical fruit flavor is both water and oil soluble and popular in both gummies and tinctures.
Are you looking to mask an earthiness or bitterness in your CBD distillate?
Let Bickford’s CBD flavors and extracts help you deliver an incredible taste to your CBD application.
Creating Custom CBD Flavors
Bickford’s 200+ flavors provide a lot of possibilities. But the sky’s the limit—if you can’t find the exact extract you’re looking for, let us create a custom CBD flavor for you.
We develop a wide-array of application-specific custom flavors that are always made from high-quality, all-natural flavor sources.
If you’d like to learn more about partnering with us on custom flavorings and extracts, read more about creating the perfect custom flavor.
Best-in Class Flavors at Wholesale Prices
CBD makers and manufacturers depend on our flavor extracts to create their best-selling applications - and they do it all through our CBD flavors wholesale program.
Bickford's wholesale program offers:
- Preferred pricing
- No minimum order requirement after one gallon
- Faster than normal turnaround times, with same day shipping if ordered by the specified time
Learn more about our wholesale program for CBD flavors, or get started today by downloading our wholesale business verification form.
Want to browse our CBD flavors first? Get started here.
1GlobalNewswire. With 27.5% CAGR, Global CBD-Infused Beverages Market Size Worth USD 14,600 Million by 2026. Accessed June 22, 2023. https://www.globenewswire.com/en/news-release/2022/09/14/2516323/0/en/With-27-5-CAGR-Global-CBD-Infused-Beverages-Market-Size-Worth-USD-14-600-Million-by-2026-Exclusive-Report-by-Facts-Factors.html