Posted on September 27, 2016 by Bickford Flavors
This punch yields about 1 quart, enough to serve 4 toddies.
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced, seeds removed
- 1 1/3 c. gin
- 2 1/2 c. filtered or mineral water (still)
- 3/4 c. sherry (dark, ‘cream’ sherry)
- 2/3 c. demerara sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 TBSP Bickford Burnt Sugar flavor
- Add sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and water to a 2-3 qt. saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer and stir to dissolve the sugar and continue simmering for 5 minutes.
- Add gin and sherry.
- Increase heat to med-high and allow punch to steam for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add sliced lemons and Bickford Burnt Sugar flavor. Stir.
- Add more sugar, flavor, or water to your personal taste. Pour into mugs, each with a lemon slice, and serve warm.