Ingredients for cake:
- 1/2 cup butter, melted but not hot
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2-3 tsp Bickford Lemon Flavor
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup milk
Ingredients for glaze:
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°F and generously grease a loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and mix well.
- Add salt, flour, and baking powder and continue mixing.
- Add milk and mix until well combined.
- Bake for 1 hour or until golden brown.
- Mix 1/3 cup lemon juice and 1/4 cup sugar.
- Use a toothpick to make holes in top of cake and drizzle lemon juice and sugar mixture over the top of the cake when removed from the oven.
Recipe adapted from http://www.food.com/recipe/easy-lemon-pound-cake-11763
Photo from http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0, via Wikimedia Commons