2 1/4 cup powdered sugar
2 TBSP softened butter
1 tsp Bickford Peppermint flavor*
2 TBSP whipping cream
12 oz chocolate melting wafers
- In a mixing bowl, combine the powdered sugar, butter, Bickford Peppermint flavor and cream. Beat with a mixer on low-medium until the mixture comes together (it may still be a little crumbly). Turn mixer to high and mix until light and creamy. The mixture show have the consistency of play dough. If it feels sticky, mix-in a little more powdered sugar 1 TBSP at a time.
- Scrape the candy paste out onto a long piece of plastic wrap and form it into a tube-shaped roll about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Wrap it well in plastic wrap and twist the ends.
- Chill in refrigerator for 1 hour or until firm. You may wish to move it's position frequently to avoid flattening the bottom of the roll.
- Remove from refrigerator, remove plastic wrap and use a sharp knife to cut into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Melt candy wafers in a double broiler or in the microwave according to package instructions.
- Place each patty, individually, into the chocolate. Flip it to coat the other side and then remove, with a fork or dipping tool, to waxed paper. If patties become too soft for dipping, chill them in the refrigerator until firm.
- Leave to cool at room temperature. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
*Try it with Bickford Butter Mint flavor for a change to the classic peppermint!