- 2 cups dried sweetened flaked coconut
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 large egg white
- Pinch of coarse salt
- 2 tsp Bickford Raspberry Flavor
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Bickford Coconut Oil
- Edible gold leaf, toasted coconut, and sanding sugar, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine coconut, granulated sugar, egg white, and saltin a food processor and pulse until combined, scraping down sides of bowl, if necessary. Add raspberry flavor and pulse until just incorporated. (Do not overprocess.)
- Scoop mounds of coconut mixture 1 inch apart onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, using a 1/2-ounce (1 1/4-inch) ice cream scoop or a tablespoon to form small mounds.
- Bake until macaroons are lightly golden, 28 to 30 minutes, rotating baking sheet halfway through. Transfer macaroons to a wirerack and let cool.
- Place chocolate in a bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water and stir until melted. Add coconut oil, stirring until combined, then remove from heat.
- Dip bottoms of macaroons in chocolate or completely cover with chocolate, transferring as dipped to a wax-paper-lined rimmed baking sheet. Garnish as desired while still warm, then refrigerate until firm, at least 30 minutes and up to 1 day. Serve chilled.