- Butter and flour for preparing baking sheet and foil
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Bickford Pure Vanilla Flavor
- 1/8 teaspoon Bickford Almond Flavor
- 3/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 300°F. Butter a baking sheet, then line with foil and lightly butter and flour foil, knocking off excess flour.
- Stir together egg white, sugar, vanilla flavor, almond flavor, and a pinch of salt until combined, then stir in coconut. Divide coconut mixture into fourths, then drop in 4 mounds (about 2 inches apart) onto baking sheet.
- Bake until tops are pale golden in spots, 15 to 20 minutes, then carefully lift foil with cookies from baking sheet and transfer to a rack to cool completely, about 15 minutes. Peel macaroons from foil.