3 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 5 medium), peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon Bickford Flavors Cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon Bickord Flavors Nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon Bickford Flavors Ginger
1/8 teaspoon salt or to taste
1 tablespoon packed dark brown sugar
1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place potatoes in a microwave safe container and cover with water. Cook in microwave for 5-7 minutes, or until potatoes are fork tender. Drain and let cool slightly.
3. Add maple syrup, flavors and salt to cooked sweet potatoes. Stir to combine. Pour into an 8x8 inch baking dish.
4. In a separate container, combine the brown sugar and chopped pecans. Sprinkle crumb over the potatoes.
5. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the top is golden and the potatoes are bubbly.
Bourbon Glazed Carrots
1 pound baby carrots
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons Bickford Flavors Bourbon
1. In medium sauce pan, bring water to a boil and add carrots. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. In the same sauce pan, melt the butter and add in the maple syrup, lemon juice and Bickford Bourbon Flavor. Stir to combine.
3. Add cooked carrots to the bourbon sauce and stir to coat the carrots. Add salt to taste.
Garlic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
1 pound fresh or frozen Brussels Sprouts halved
2 tablespoons melted butter
2 teaspoons Bickford Flavors Garlic
1 teaspoon Bickford Flavors Meyer Lemon (optional)
salt & pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. In bowl mix, Brussels Sprouts, melted butter and Bickford Garlic Flavor.
3. Pour mixture on a lined cookie sheet and bake for 25 minutes. Stir once after 10 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and season with salt & pepper and drizzle with Bickford Meyer Lemon Flavor and stir to combine.
Sweet Cream Mashed Potatoes
4 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
2 cups half & half
2 teaspoons Bickford Flavors Sweet Cream
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons chopped chives
salt & pepper, to taste
1. Put the potatoes into a large pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil and cook for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender. Drain the cooked potatoes and set them aside.
2. In a small sauce pan, heat the half & half, butter and Bickford Sweet Cream Flavor. Do not boil.
3. Put the potatoes through a ricer or food mill into a bowl. Add the hot half & half mixture and season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix together with a spoon and add the chives.
Enjoy!! From Our Family to yours...Happy Thanksgiving!