- 1 1/2 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour (like Bob’s Red Mill or King Arthur)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder gluten free
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter softened at room temperature
- 1 tbl coconut oil
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1 egg yolk room temperature
- 2 tsp Bickford Flavors Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Bickford Flavors Bourbon Flavor
- 8 oz Butterscotch chips (reserve some to place on top of cookies)
Whisk together flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder in a medium bowl. Set aside.
In a larger bowl cream together shortening, butter, coconut oil, white sugar and brown sugar.
Mix in egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract and bourbon flavor. Gradually add flour mixture into wet mixture until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
Cover bowl and chill dough for 1 hour. While the dough is chilling, preheat oven to 375. F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Roll two tablespoons of dough into a ball. Place on cookie sheet. Press additional chocolate chips into the dough balls for a nice appearance once baked.
Bake for 7-8 minutes on the middle rack. (May need more or less time so watch very carefully after 5 minutes). When the edges are barely golden, remove from oven and let cookies sit in pan for 2-3 minutes.
Remove from pan and place cookies on a cooling rack to finish cooling. Store in airtight container.
**Note from Divas Can Cook: Cookies will appear under done. They will firm up nicely as they cool which will result in a soft, chewy cookie.
Recipe inspired by: Divas Can Cook: Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies