St. Patrick's Day Pretzels
Posted on February 20, 2017 by Bickford Flavors
A perfect treat to send to school for classmates or to treat your little leprechauns at home!
- Bag of pretzel rods
- Bag of dark green Candy Melts
- Bickford flavor of choice (suggested: Butter Mint, Malted Milk, Mint, Peanut Butter, Toffee)
- Sprinkles or other toppings (green sugar sprinkles, edible glitter, toasted coconut, nuts, etc)
- Line a cookie tray or your counter top with waxed paper for cooling the pretzels after dipping.
- Set up a plate or bowl to catch sprinkles/toppings as you apply them.
- Place the bag of green candy melts into a deep bowl and microwave according to the package instructions. Usually this involves microwaving for 1 minute and then stirring every additional 30 seconds until completely melted.)
- Stir in desired amount of Bickford flavor, to taste.
- Hold a pretzel rod over the bowl of candy melts angled down. Start spooning green candy over the end of the pretzel rod, covering as much of the pretzel as you like.
- Allow excess candy to drip off with gentle shakes. Move pretzel to sprinkle bowl and add toppings or sprinkles, as desired.
- Place pretzel rod on the wax paper to dry.
Photo by Cooking Cinderella on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/81884868@N07/8545388625