Add a little (or a lot) of "bite" to your bite with this twist on traditional hummus, featuring Bickford Chipotle flavor.
- 2 cups cooked and drained chickpeas (or one 15 oz. can, drained)
- 3 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Bickford Chipotle flavor (to taste)
- 3-5 TBSP tahini (sesame paste)
- 1 ½ TBSP lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- Optional garnish (suggested options: fresh sprigs of parsley, swirl of adobo sauce, sprinkled paprika or chipotle powder, whole chickpeas, sesame or olive oil)
- Drain and rinse chickpeas.
- Add all ingredients (except garnish) to blender or food processor. Blend until smooth (one or two minutes), scraping sides as needed.
- Add additional Bickford Chipotle flavor, garlic, tahini, or salt to your taste. If hummus seems to stiff, add a little more lemon juice and/or olive oil and blend.
- Transfer to serving bowl and add garnish, if desired. Serve with pita chips, pita wedges, fresh veggies, or tortilla chips.
Photo by Amanthi ganapathi - Own work, CC BY-SA 4.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=40671970