So much more than a diet, the high-fat, extremely low carb ketogenic plan is a lifestyle that helps you achieve a healthy mind and body year-round.
Since the dominant factor to the keto lifestyle is being meticulous with your low-carb consumption, you have to ensure that your recipes aren’t calling for ingredients that boast extra, sneaky carbs. Oftentimes, the result of all this carb cutting means the downfall of flavor.
Did you know: A single tablespoon of soy sauce can deliver approximately two grams of carbohydrates? Even ketchup has an average of 4.5 grams of carbs in a single tablespoon.
To the average person, these measly grams may not even be a blip on the radar, but to you, these grams can easily kick you out of ketosis.
So, what’s a dedicated ketogenic individual to do? In our opinion as a natural food flavoring supplier that makes natural flavors for keto recipes and applications, it depends on all-natural extracts and flavors that seamlessly align with keto recipes.
Keto Is Delicious When Done Right: Four Main Course Keto Recipes with Incredible Keto Flavors
What’s for dinner this week? Here are four delicious main course meals that include a variety of flavor upgrades using Bickford’s all-natural keto flavor extracts:
Sweet & Spicy Roasted Salmon
Could you use a little spice in your life? This keto entrée is healthy, quick to prepare and cook, and tastes amazing with our natural keto flavors!
- 4 1/2 lbs. salmon fillets or steaks
- 1 tsp Bickford Flavors Ginger Flavor/Extract
- 1 tsp Bickford Flavors Garlic Flavor/Extract
- 1 tsp Bickford Flavors Spicy Chili Flavor/Extract
- 1/8 cup Liquid Aminos
- 1 tbsp liquid Stevia for Keto diets
- Sesame seeds
- Scallions/shallots, finely sliced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk the liquid aminos, maple syrup, and Bickford Flavors Ginger, Garlic and Spicy Chili Flavors to combine. Add salmon and turn to coat. Cover and marinate for up to 30 minutes.
- Place salmon and excess marinade on baking tray.
- Roast for 12 to 15 minutes, until the top of the salmon is beautifully caramelized. Be careful not to overcook the salmon!
- Serve salmon sprinkled with sesame seeds and scallions/shallots. Eat along with your favorite green salad or roasted veggies.
Recipe Inspiration: https://www.recipetineats.com/asian-glazed-salmon/
Tuscan Garlic Chicken
Our garlic flavor is one of our favorite keto flavor extracts because it’s so versatile and flavorful. What’s better than tender, juicy chicken served over keto-friendly noodles with a delicious garlic flavoring? Almost nothing. Dig into this recipe and enjoy!
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup Erie Bone Broth Chicken Broth
- 1 teaspoon Bickford Flavors Garlic Flavor/Extract
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes
- In a large skillet, add olive oil and cook the chicken on medium high heat for 3-5 minutes on each side, or until brown on each side, and cooked until no longer pink in center. Remove chicken and set aside on a plate.
- Add the heavy cream, chicken bone broth, garlic flavor, Italian seasoning, and parmesan cheese. Whisk over medium high heat until it starts to thicken. Add the spinach and sundried tomatoes and let it simmer until the spinach starts to wilt. Add the chicken back to the pan and serve over the keto-friendly pasta of your choice.
Recipe Inspired by: https://therecipecritic.com/2016/05/creamy-tuscan-garlic-chicken/
Bickford Butter Chicken
A keto-take on the widely popular and household favorite butter chicken. It’s another easy, healthy recipe that’s packed full of incredible keto flavors.
- 1 lb. Rotisserie Chicken
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1.5 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 medium onion
- 1.5 tsp turmeric
- 3/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp Bickford Flavors Ginger Flavor/Extract
- 1 tsp Bickford Flavors Cinnamon Flavor/Extract
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cut the rotisserie chicken into bite sized chunks and generously coat them in the turmeric, Bickford Flavors Ginger and Cinnamon Flavors, salt, and chili powder. Set aside in a bowl.
- Heat a skillet to medium heat and add the butter. As the butter melts, dice the onion and garlic and add it to the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the onions are translucent and fragrant.
- Add the seasoned and cooked chicken. Warm through.
- Add in the heavy whipping cream and tomato paste. Stir thoroughly. Turn the heat down to medium-low and cover with a lid for 5-7 minutes.
- Serve over cauliflower rice. Enjoy!
Grilled Chicken Enchilada Bowl
You want low-carb on your favorite Mexican dish? Here it is. This keto-friendly twist is easy to make and overflowing with natural keto flavors.
- 2-3 chicken breasts (about one pound of chicken)
- 3/4 cups red enchilada sauce
- 1 tsp Bickford Flavors Garlic Flavor/Extract
- 1 tsp Bickford Flavors Lemon Flavor/Extract
- 1/4 cup Erie Bone Broth Chicken Broth
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1 4 oz can green chilis
- 1 12oz steam bag cauliflower rice
- Preferred toppings: we used avocado, jalapeno, cheese, and roma tomatoes
- On an outdoor grill or a grill pan, over medium heat, grill chicken breasts until lightly brown (we cut each breast into 3 or 4 large pieces to cook faster).
- In a medium skillet, add enchilada sauce, chilis, onions, Bickford Flavors Garlic and Lemon Flavors/Extracts, Erie Bone Broth Chicken Broth and bring to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Shred the grilled chicken and place in the enchilada sauce. Cover and cook until chicken is warmed through.
- Prepare cauliflower rice per bag instructions and dice preferred toppings.
- Place a serving of cauliflower rice in a bowl, top with chicken and a bit of the enchilada pan sauce.
- Serve with lettuce, cheese, avocado, tomatoes, and jalapeno, or any of your preferred toppings.
Recipe Inspired By: https://www.heyketomama.com/keto-chicken-enchilada-bowl/
Ketogenic Natural Food Flavoring Supplier: Our Commitment to Your Lifestyle
It is our firm belief that food and beverages are meant to be enjoyed, no matter the lifestyle, and going keto doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice flavor.
As a natural food flavoring supplier, we’re dedicated to making your keto lifestyle simple and delicious.
While Keto restricts the carbs, it opens more doors of opportunity for getting creative with naturally sourced, keto flavor extracts.
Since our inception over a century ago, we’ve been formulating Bickford Flavors to meet current market demands and your specific lifestyle needs – such as keto-friendly, low-carbohydrate, gluten-free, certified kosher, no sugar added, low-calorie, low-protein, and more.
Serving households to large manufacturers, we’re infusing recipes and applications with natural flavors for keto dishes and helping them taste better than ever.
Learn more about Bickford Flavors: