Desserts and indulgences are a dime a dozen the world over. But make no mistake, there is one sweet pleasure that never leaves consumers’ hearts – ice cream.
You’re an ice cream maker or manufacturer, so you know you’ve got the largest target market size – from babies having their first sugary taste to elders who certainly know how to enjoy the simpler, sweeter things in life.
But the market is stacked with ice cream brands and products and shops. How will consumers notice your product? How will the creamy ice cream treat you bring to market make them think, “this is irresistible!”
Textures, add-ins, and blends are so in, but we’re here to tell you to keep it simple. Put a big focus on your flavor(s) and don’t settle for anything less than all-natural, premium flavor extracts for ice cream.
Flavor Extracts for Ice Cream: Should You Use an Extract or a Flavor?
Is your mind zeroed-in on flavor? Good.
Now, when it comes to ice cream flavors or extracts, which is best for your end product goal? Let’s start by discussing their strengths:
- Typically, we find that an ice cream manufacturer or maker may use an ice cream flavor over an extract.
- Why? Ice cream flavors are good at maintaining the character of the flavor and they give ice cream applications excellent, subtle flavor notes.
- In other, less common cases, manufacturers or makers may select an extract in order to use less liquid in the ice cream mix.
- Why? For a real pop of flavor, of course! While our ice cream flavors are concentrated, our ice cream extracts are 8-10 times stronger than our flavors.
You’re the master of your craft, and from where we’re standing, you can’t go wrong either way. Usually, it just takes a bit of experimentation to achieve that flavor consistency you’re after.
When you’re deep in the innovation stage, keep top of mind that to set the standard for amazing flavor, you must utilize the highest quality flavors or extracts.
Check out the versatility and complexity of our flavor options. Our extensive catalogue of flavors and extracts for ice cream allows makers to customize their flavor offerings and expand their product options with singular high-quality flavors or a stunning mix of premium flavors.
Don’t Forget About Flavor Extracts for Smoothies
Like ice creams, smoothies are a veritable blank canvas to create new and inventive flavor creations.
While the intensity of extracts can pack a punch, the subtlety of flavors tend to deliver a more nuanced experience. Can’t decide which flavor option to use? Ask yourself: What’s the taste experience I want to create?
Our advice: Continue to experiment and create one-of-a-kind flavor consistencies that allow for more unique smoothies and flavor combinations.
The real key is to use the best ingredients with all-natural, keynote flavors to ensure your results are spectacular.
Custom Ice Cream Flavoring Extracts
Custom flavors and extracts – this is where real, creative ingenuity is born.
Did you know Bickford Flavors can create the ice cream flavor you’ve been thinking of…the one that doesn’t exist yet? Or, the one that has your very own twist to it?
By partnering with an established and inventive company like Bickford Flavors, you become privy to the wealth and experience that comes with over a century in the ice cream flavoring industry.
Even if you are a bit hesitant to make a commitment to your inventive idea, our flavor chemists can create the flavor concept and send you a sample so you can provide feedback.
Should we bring your concept to life via the highest quality ice cream flavors and extracts on the market? Learn more:
Ready to Make Your Most Flavorful Ice Creams Yet? Take Some Inspiration for the Road
Are you looking for premium, classic flavors or next-level ice cream flavor combinations?
We’ve previously discussed favorite flavor combinations that highlight high-quality flavors and next-level ice cream flavor combinations.
Single flavors include:
- One of the all-time greats in ice cream flavors, banana
- An iconic summer flavor, strawberry
- A perfect and quintessential spring or summertime floral note, lavender
- More incredible flavors
- The distinctly delicate flavor of black cherry with the sophisticated smoothness of white chocolate
- The flavor combination that is a true yin and yang, key lime and ginger
- The tried and true ripe strawberry and fresh basil
- More flavor combinations
View the entire flavor combination article here:
Our Wholesale Ice Cream Flavoring Extract Program
We are long-time flavor chemists and champions for amazing tasting food and beverage.
While our selection of all-natural, certified Kosher ice cream flavor concentrates is wildly extensive, that’s not all we’re known for.
- Our flavors and extracts are formulated to be stronger and more versatile than other flavoring methods to give your ice cream product the exact flavor consistency you desire.
- All ice cream flavoring extracts – whether custom or not – are formulated to meet current market demands and your specific labeling needs, such as certified kosher, low-protein, low-carbohydrate, gluten-free, and more.
- When you partner with Bickford and become a part of our wholesale program, you benefit from:
- Preferred pricing
- No minimum order requirement after one gallon
- Faster than normal turnaround times, like same day processing and shipping on most orders
For custom flavors, we work to flavor match within a week. Once you approve the flavor, we process the order and ship the same business day (if the order is received before 12:00 p.m. EST).
Learn more about our ice cream flavorings or discover our wholesale and sample program: