Cheater Shepherd's Pie
- 2 cups of pre-made mashed potatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups of frozen mixed vegetables (carrots, peas, corn)
- 2 lbs ground turkey or lean ground beef
- 1 cup prepared chicken or beef gravy
- 1 tbsp Bickford Flavors Garlic Flavoring
- Salt, pepper, other seasonings of choice
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. On medium heat, add ground turkey or beef, frozen mixed veggies, and Bickford Flavors Garlic Flavoring to an oven safe saute pan or skillet. Mix together and cook until the meat is crumbly and cooked through.
3. Mix in the prepared gravy. Cook until bubbly. You want the mixture to be saucy, so if it's a little thick, add a bit of water.
4. To prepare the potato topping, stir 1/2 cup of shredded cheese into your prepared mashed potatoes.
5. Spread your turkey/beef veggie mixture into an even layer in your skillet. Spread your cheesy potato mixture evenly on top of the meat mixture. Add the remaining 1/2 shredded cheese to the top of the dish.
6. Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and dish is bubbly.
Inspired By: https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/easy_shepherds_pie/