- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1 teaspoon Bickford Flavors Lemon Flavor
- 1/2 teaspoon Bickford Flavors Garlic Butter Flavor
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 cups cauliflower, chopped
- 2 cups fresh chopped broccoli
- 4 cups Erie Bone Broth Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, saute the peppers, onions, celery & carrots with the lemon and garlic butter flavors in butter until tender.
- Add remaining vegetables, chicken bone broth, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer covered for 15 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- In a separate container, slowly whisk flour with 1/2 cup of coconut milk until smooth; stir into kettle with the remaining cup of coconut milk. Bring soup to a boil; cook and stir for an additional 2 minutes. Mix in the parsley. Immediately before serving, stir in the cheese until melted. Salt & pepper to taste.
Image Credit: Flickr