Posted on May 08, 2018 by Bickford Flavors
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk or milk substitute
- 1/2 tsp Bickford Flavors Garlic Flavor
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 medium white onion
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, whole or halved
- 1/2 cup green or black pitted olives, whole or halved
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped herbs such as chives or basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 °F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, garlic flavor/extract, a pinch of salt and about 5 twists of freshly ground black pepper until well blended. Then whisk in about half of the cheese, reserving the other half for later.
- In a well-seasoned cast iron skillet or oven-safe sauté pan, warm the olive oil over medium heat until shimmering. Add the onion, tomato and olives and another pinch of salt. Cook, stirring frequently, until the onion is tender and translucent and the tomatoes are giving off juices, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Arrange the mixture in an even layer across the skillet. Whisk the egg mixture one last time and pour it into the pan. Sprinkle the frittata with the remaining cheese. Put the pan in the oven and bake until you can shimmy the pan by the handle (careful, it’s hot!) and see that the middle is just barely set, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Once the frittata is done baking, let it rest for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing it into 6 large or 8 smaller wedges.
- Serve immediately. Leftover frittata will keep well, covered and refrigerated, for up to 3 days. Enjoy chilled or gently reheat.
Recipe Inspiration: https://ketodietapp.com/Blog/post/2015/06/30/quick-frittata-with-tomatoes-and-cheese and https://cookieandkate.com/2017/broccoli-cheddar-spinach-frittata/
Image Credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/gudlyf/3939064224