Make no mistake about it – hard candy is not just for kids.
Don’t believe us? Did you know hard candies have been proven to increase alertness and focus in children and adults?
Sure, kids are often allowed to eat hard candy during big exam days at school; but why do you think hard candies are always found in the middle of conference and meeting tables for adults? (This could be something to take into account when marketing your product.)
We remind all our candy flavoring partners as they set out to create new products or market to a new demographic that when it comes to hard candy, including suckers, lollipops and tack candy, there’s something for everyone.
Whether your consumers like sweet, spicy, salty, savory, or fruity, there’s a hard candy ready to be made.
Let’s dive in and discuss all things candy flavoring and candy oils.
Making Hard Candy: Always Go the Extra Mile & Use All-Natural Hard Candy Flavoring Oils
- For the novice hard candy maker: with the right tools and flavoring oils, making extremely tasty and satisfying hard candies is easier than you think.
- For the seasoned hard candy maker: utilizing all-natural, highly concentrated, super strength candy flavorings oils can give your candies the exact flavor consistency you’ve been looking for to achieve your most flavorful batch yet.
As an artesian, small batch hard candy maker or large production hard candy manufacturer, you’ve probably put a lot of thought into the kind and brand of ingredients you use in your hard candy recipes. From the sugar to the corn syrup, powdered sugar and others, the quality of these ingredients matter.
What about the candy oils you use?
To really hit the mark and create a standout hard candy application, flavor is everything.
Take Note: The Candy Industry Is Evolving
Candy is and always will be indulgent. Every consumer knows this; and yet, today’s health and wellness trends and demands are still influencing consumers at the sweet treat level.
This has been pushing candy makers and manufacturers to not only ensure that their products contain high-quality ingredients, but to also advance their recipes and processes to utilize all-natural, super strength candy oils.
Synthetic and imitation oils and extracts won’t get your candy product far.
- The difference between quality ingredients and flavorings and artificial additives and extracts is immediately noticeable.
- Did you know: 54% of all Americans say they actively avoid artificial sweeteners, flavorings and preservatives when deciding which products to buy?1
- Today’s consumers continue to trend toward natural products with ingredients and flavor sources they can actually pronounce.
- All-natural, highly concentrated hard and tack candy flavoring oils taste fresh, unique and authentic.
- Hard candy flavoring oils that are truly derived from all-natural sources and never include any added sugar, salt, etc., are – of course – healthier.
With over 70% of consumers stating they have concerns about eating products with artificial ingredients and synthetic extracts, and the same amount agreeing that natural ingredients take precedence in their purchasing trends, 1 making the switch to all-natural, candy flavoring oils is not just a novel concept: it’s smart business.
Your hard candy application deserves candy flavors that are true to source.
How Much Flavoring for Hard Candy?
When referring to hard tack and candy flavoring oils, we know we’ve tossed around words like highly concentrated and super strength.
Here’s what this means: Our candy oils (also referred to as hard oils on our site) are our version of a highly concentrated extract. They’re labeled super strength because they’re formulated to be eight or more times concentrated than our other flavors.
Because our super strength candy flavors are highly concentrated, they can stand up to the heat of hard candy making without losing flavor.
On average, depending on the application and its size, use a teaspoon of flavoring and adjust from there. As always, how much flavor you use is customizable and completely up to you.
Why Bickford’s All-Natural, Highly Concentrated, Super Strength Candy Oils?
Derived from high-quality, all-natural flavor sources, our highly concentrated candy flavors are:
- Highly heat stable
- Never suspend in alcohol, with the exception of Pure Vanilla oil, which contains 35% alcohol by volume
- Suspended in a water or oil base
- Formulated to be stronger and more concentrated than other flavoring methods
- Natural and free of additional salt and sugar
With most of our flavors stemming from 100-year-old formulas, our decision to develop our candy oils in water- or oil-soluble base suspensions was made to help you produce the best end product.
Water and oil are more neutral, superior carriers than alcohol - never imparting additional flavor or “baking-out,” as traditional alcohol-based extracts do.
In turn, our super strength candy flavoring oils help your application taste better.
Discover Bickford’s Candy Flavoring Oils Wholesale Program
At Bickford Flavors, we’ve been providing small and large-batch candy makers and manufacturers a solution to naturally improve the taste and flavor of their candy application for over a century.
Our oils are always specially made to align with special diets and lifestyles, such as low-protein, low-carbohydrate, gluten-free, and more.
Additionally, our premium flavors are certified Kosher and available at wholesale prices and benefits.
Our wholesale program delivers:
- Preferred pricing
- No minimum order requirement after one gallon
- Faster than normal turnaround times
Want to get to know us better? We invite you to see what we’re all about:
1Nielsen. What’s in Our Food and On Our Mind. Accessed May 4, 2021. https://www.nielsen.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2019/04/global-ingredient-and-out-of-home-dining-trends-aug-2016.pdf.