Basil Flavor - Oil Soluble
There's nothing quite like basil. As a robust herb, it’s not bitter but definitely aromatic. Our fresh basil flavoring achieves a wonderful balance between sweet and savory - with hints of mint, anise, and pepper.
With our premium, all-natural basil flavor, we’re certain your application will stand out with the perfect flavor consistency and overall authentic, incredible taste.
Bickford’s oil soluble basil flavor is:
- Derived from the highest quality sources
- Certified Kosher
- Free of any added sugar and salt
Add a tear-drop of this basil flavor to your favorite dishes to bring an attitude of the wholesome outdoors to your table. Try it in dressings, olive oil, sauces, and much more.
Our basil flavoring highlights one of the most popular herbs in the garden. A member of the mint family, this versatile flavoring is an essential ingredient in a variety of cuisines, from grilled meats to succulent soups and stews.
- Create a classic pesto sauce using this delicate, all-natural basil flavoring.
- Adding our basil flavor to a stuffed chicken breast brings a depth of flavor that’ll make your mouth water.
- Try our basil flavor in Thai lettuce beef wraps and you’ll see why basil is underappreciated.
- A fresh tomato salad with our basil flavoring is an ideal bread topper for any occasion.
Why use basil flavor instead of real basil?
Bickford’s basil flavoring has an incredible aromatic, slightly peppery flavor that compliments a wide variety of dishes and desserts. The beautiful reality of using this all-natural basil flavoring is, unlike the leafy counterpart, it won’t go bad when you need it most, making it exceedingly more convenient to store and use.
Basil Flavor for Oils
Basil’s unique flavor works extremely well with a range of oils—especially when using Bickford’s industry-leading formulation. Our basil flavor is oil-soluble, meaning you can simply add some straight to your oil.
Basil flavor is a great match for a variety of oils such as safflower oil, sunflower oil, and extra virgin olive oil. Some possible uses include:
- Top your favorite pasta with basil oil
- For a classic combination, drizzle some basil-flavored olive oil on a pizza
- Create a mouth-watering marinade for fish, steak, or chicken
To highlight our basil flavor even further, try your new basil oil alongside your favorite vinegars.
Vinegars that go well with basil-flavored oils include:
- Balsamic vinegar, which features a zesty, mild profile
- White wine vinegar, known for its well-balanced sweetness
- Sherry vinegar, which features a nutty flavor
Soy Oil and Natural Flavors. Contains Soy.